Sunday, January 31, 2010

My big back pack


I don’t know if this picture quite encapsulates how large and full (and heavey!) my backpack was at this moment. One adjustment to city life is the lack of car--so any groceries we get, we carry! This means more frequent yet shorter grocery trips. One thing as well that I appreciate about living here is that they rarely use plastic bags (I guess they’re “going green”...?) So my backpack is especially useful for these trips. On this particular day, we were out of juice (we go through juice very quickly!) So I got several large containers of juice AS WELL AS several large containers of lime mizone (like propel, we like it a lot). Add in a few other things... I was really giving my bag a run for it’s money. And as I walked home, under this heavy burden, I remembered a burden I used to bear. Infinitely heavier than any backpack, unbearably heavy in fact, was that burden. Amazing love! That bid me come, weary and heavy laden, and offered me sweet rest. So thankful for our burden bearer.