Monday, February 15, 2010

New Year's, Day 2

Hey everyone! Things are going great here on New Year's Day 2...and by great I mean quiet! Quiet as can be! Talk about anti-climactic! I'm thinking it might be because of the rain... it's been a cold, rainy couple of days, but I just don't know. The first night there were a lot of fireworks, so I hear (I fell asleep twenty minutes before they began, and slept straight through, even with Dave yelling for me to look because he knew I'd love them. That day wore me out!) But they pretty much stopped about thirty minutes later. Firework noises peppered the night's sleep and I woke up a couple of times, but compared to what we were expecting, it was nothing! So if, say, you were thinking about moving here, you definitely should ;)

I'll write more about tomorrow, specifically about some of the foods we experienced and other fun things in our New Year's adventures. Love to you all!
Pictured above: one of our 'Flats' (Flat Peyton) watching a very famous television program with about a billion other people. Every year this show comes on from 8 pm until midnight, with lots of songs and dances and comedy acts and magic tricks, you name it! The next day it was on repeat non-stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment