Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Happy Birthday, Mom!

Today I have the joy of celebrating my mom's birthday. I am so thankful to Him for the way He "wonderfully and fearfully" created her. I wrote her a list of some of the reasons I love her, and wanted to share a few on here as a way of honoring her and celebrating the special person He's made her to be.


10 reasons I love you, mom: I love...
1. That you laugh (a lot) when Sicily sits on your head at 5 am and sticks his claws in your arm or sits on your homework
2. How you take such good care of Gang Gang and Pa Pa (and how they love you so much)
3. That you treat my friends and Doug's friends like family (and buy specific groceries according to their likings)
4. That a diet coke and string cheese = perfect meal
5. That you love to boogie down! (see: our kitchen when a good song comes on, Carbon Leaf party my deb year, our wedding video)
6. That you came all the way to Colorado at such late notice
7. That you sit with your friends while they're in chemo, just to keep them company
8. Your Kroger savings
9. That you wear lots of pretty bright colors (specifically, pretty sweater sets, skirts, and fun dresses!)
10. Your loyalty to dad.

Love you! Happy Birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment