Thursday, January 27, 2011

Happy Birthday, happy hubby!

Today is Dave's 27th birthday! We have had a fun day celebrating him and the gift he is, and it has been especially special because his friends Dave and Webb are here from the States to celebrate it with us. We kicked off the morning with some banana bread, Dave's fav, and fruit salad and scrambled eggs. Then we chatted and opened a few presents (a kungfu movie cause Dave's "starting to get into those" and some big posters with lots of pics on them (for example, of lots of wild animals) and then the word for them (we've realized some gaps in our language learning). Next we had some time for singing and worshiping and played then Monopoly Deal. The guys went and played ping pong and got beat down by a 69 year old man, which they loved...no they really did.... and then our friend James came over (complete with cake!) and now they are playing Risk. Risk...such a guy's game. I'm sure there are some girls that like it, but it just feels like such a dude thing to have those four guys camped out over a world map with little soldiers playing Risk. The sounds of their laughter makes my heart glad. I am so thankful for Dave! He is the best husband and friend ever, besides Jesus!

It is extra amazing and surreal this year to celebrate his birthday because next year on his birthday we'll have a little baby. We had a doctors appointment recently and the doctor said things are looking good....we got to hear the heartbeat again, which is always such a joy and blessing. Next appointment: find out if he/she is a he or a she! We are PUMPED! I can't believe that we are at week 16. Time has been flying by. I know there's still a long way to go, but each week is such a blast learning about what God is doing as He forms our little Bun. This week: our baby's about the size of an avocado. It could be any day that I might feel the baby move now... but I am trying not to expect anything (for example, it will happen at week 17, etc) and just enjoy each passing stage. I find that I am still pretty tired even though out of the first trimester, but a lot less nauseous. And I'm not sure if I'm "glowing" yet...but I am grateful, so grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment